The Austin E. Knowlton Center for Equine Science, a $5 million equine facility makes Otterbein a leader in the equestrian field. This state-of-the-art facility allows up to 60 student to board and use their horses in the indoor riding stable. This impressive complex has not only enhanced their equestrian program, but provides students the opportunity to study unique majors such as Equine Preveterinary Medicine and Equine Business Management.
The Equine Pre-Veterinary Medicine program prepares students for graduate school programs and colleges of veterinary medicine. Included in the program are multiple internship opportunities, along with employment at Otterbein's own equine facility.
The Equine Business Management Program offers students the opportunity to learn about careers in the equine world. Such careers in the equine field using this degree might be: manager of an equine facility, an equine insurance adjusters and breeding farm administrator.
Otterbein Theatre and Dance department is nationally renowned. The program attracts students from across the nation. Amongst the thousands of applicants each year, the department invites approximately 400 students to a live audition. This competitive department accepts only 4 males and 4 females to earn a BFA in the acting and musical theatre program. A limited number of students will also be accepted into the BFA Design &Technology program. Students can also choose to earn a BA in Theatre, which offers more flexibility as students can study more than one area of theatre.
Since 1920, administrators at Otterbein administrators believe that the running of the school should involve the students. The board of trustees has an elected student representative that maintains equal voting rights on every matter of the school. This is something truly unique amongst college hierarchies.
Five Card Experience
Every Otterbein Cardinal is guaranteed the following experiences while at school.:
- Participation in undergrad research
- Involvement in community engagement.
- Contribution in a global engagement and/or an intercultural experience. Many OU students will take advantage of studying abroad at one of the 30 partner universities.
- Internships and Professional Experience. Located 15 minutes outside of the state capital, finding a place to hone your skills while an undergrad is not difficult. OU prides itself on their student internship assistance program on campus.
- Leadership and citizenship. These experiences combined will allow Otterbein students to leave school with an experiential transcripts proclaiming what they were able to participate in, while attending school.
These five guarantees allow students the experience and training for jobs to be created in an ever changing world. With a strong liberal arts core curriculum, Otterbein graduates are well rounded and well prepared for life after Otterbein.
If you would like to know more about Otterbein University, or other colleges, contact us.